Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday, Jan 22

Short blog today.  Not much happening.
I had a bit of a rough night last night.  It was difficult to move.  They put the G-tube right through my abdominal muscles and into my stomach.  The tube is about the size of a pencil.   I never realized how many times you activate your core abdominal muscles to move, especially in bed.  That was hard. And then, through the night, I would get a spasm either in my stomach or abdominal wall.  I couldn't tell which.  It would spasm for about 20 seconds and then I could feel it relax.  That keep me up most of the night. I couldn't get comfortable so I was twisting and turning and that hurt my gut as well.  Ah, it seems about 4 am I fell asleep til 8.  Through the day the stomach has been feeling better.  Now it is only mildly sore if I laugh or twist and turn.  I think I will be all better by tomorrow.

Popsicles.  I was given a Popsicle after my surgery yesterday and I fell in love with them.  It felt so good on my throat.  Jane went out and bought me a box.  I had several last night and as I begin my radiation treatment and my throat gets sore, I plan to suck my way through this treatment phase.  I love popcscles.  Especially,  banana.  

2 comments:

  1. Steve,
    Sorry your day ended in discomfort. Hope you are feeling better soon!
    I enjoyed meeting your wife and reading your thoughts. Sending warm regards and thoughts of strength your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff S. asks how you fit a ham sandwich down that tube?? Love ya.

    ReplyDelete