Sunday, January 19, 2014

Down Time. Sunday.

So the weekend is almost over.  I have heard from so many family and friends in our community.  Life is starting to get a bit of a rhythm to it.  Slow wake up, shower, clean up, eat, walk, nap, mando and blog.  Oh yea a couple of hugs from Jane in there as well.  Lots of stuff happening this week but I will get to that later.  No,  today I just want to express all the appreciation I have in my soul for everyone that I know and even people I don't know who have sent there love to me and my family during this time.  I hope everyone has a community like mine.  Yes, I can tell it is awkward for alot of people to broach the subject of being ill and I feel how sorry they are for me.  But I am so thankful that you had the courage to call or come over and give me a hug and to tell me you were thinking of me.  I feel like I have an Army of friends and family behind me every step of the way.  And that my friends makes it ever so much easier to face.  I feel so sorry for people with very little support or who have poor or no health care.  Until I was faced with meeting this throat cancer head on, I could not imagine what is involved with the diagnosis, staging and treatment of these diseases.  I am so lucky.  I am so lucky. I am so lucky.  Please keep all our brothers and sisters in your thoughts no matter what trials they are going through.  Everyone, everyday has hurdles and problems that they are dealing with.  Try and be a conduit for good, for alleviating pain and making someone feel better.  You have no idea what a gift that is.  And, it is easy to do.  Be grateful, share your love, hug more.  I mean real hugs; squeeze them tight, tell them how much you love them and that during the day you think of them.  Tell them we are all part of one large community.  Everyone is a part and everyone is going to the same place.  Let's go there together.

Religion.  Yea, that comes up in my thoughts a little more often these days.  My take on it is this:
We are all trying to get to the Light, God, the Energy.  It is at the center of an enormous building.  And I mean enormous because a lot of people will eventually be inside the Light.  We will become one.  Around the outside of the building are many, many entrances.  Large groups of people are gathered around the entrances trying to get in.  At one entrance you must be Hindu to get in.  At another you must be Catholic.  Muslims have several entrances and it goes on and on and on.  There are vendors trying to get people to switch doors.  Promises of riches and better seats and higher levels are sold to the highest bidder.  Oh, how humans like to complicate things.  Once inside, Peace, the Light, God, Us is all that remain and it is all that is important.  So many people who have had near death experiences talk about moving toward the Light.  It is almost universal.  They all see the Light as something good and not to be feared.  One reason I like to think of religion as I do is because it makes us all the same.  American, Jewish, African, Muslim, Latino.  It does not matter.  We were all made together and we will all be together in a warm, gentle and caring place moving forward on our journey.  If I have offended anyone please forgive me.  It is not my intention.  It is my intention to become a better man.  To share more love with others and help them on their journey.  Namaste.


3 comments:

  1. Steve, you are so right. I have been with the Light of pure love and there is nothing to fear. BUT you are such an inspiring human AND writer, that we need you. Your time is not up, you have more work to do! Love Vicki and Jeff

    ReplyDelete