Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dr. Ying is back

      Well, it is day 8 of radiation.  Thirty more to go.  Sounds like so many but that's what Dr. Ying says it will take to destroy the tumor. That sounds nice, "destroy the tumor".  After my radaition treatment Jane and I met with her for about 30 minutes.  She has been in China on vacation with her family for China's New Year.  "Very good time," she says.
     We went to the computer room and she pulled up my scans on the monitor.  She used these scans, and I am sure a very complicated computer program, to plan out the radiation attack.  It was fascinating in a morbid kind of way, to figure a war was being waged.   Hitting the tumor is like dropping a bomb and then controlling the area of explosion.  We got to sit and watch the colored lines expanding outward from the tumor in ever descending colors.  It was much like the contour lines on a US geological map.
We talked a lot about sparing the vital structures  while dosing the areas that need to be nuked.  After many questions, Jane and I thanked her for her time and wished her success with her battle with my tumor.  I will see her every week now that she is back and I will really look forward to it.  She has a wonderful smile.  A pensive look in her eyes, an air of confidence in her demeanor.  I am grateful for Dr. Ying, all her staff.  I am grateful for a wonderful facility and a loving wife and family.  I am also grateful for everyone that has reached out and said hi, and offered us assistance over this last week.  You know who you are and I do, too.  That's what matters.
  I love you all and wish you all the best..
Namaste.

    

3 comments:

  1. I love you and miss you Stevie! You are on my mind constantly and in my prayers. Thanks for letting us be a part of your journey via this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. I figure that you are now finished with week two! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so grateful that you are willing to share your story with us, Steve. Thank you! Sending love and good thoughts of healing and peace. Keep feeding the Good Wolf!

    ReplyDelete