Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Tough times

     Hi, Been awhile since my last post.  Not much happening though. I am still in the dull-drums with very few ups and more downs than I was anticipating.  Highlight of the week was having Joey graduate and having family in for the weekend.  Jane thinks that may have worn me out a bit.  She's right of course.  Now a few days of total rest.  
     I met with Dr Hitchcock a couple of days ago and she said I looked good and to hang in there.  OK, that's what I was expecting.  Then yesterday I was pretty down.  Very tired. My throat was reacting to food and I was having trouble wanting to eat anything.  My biggest complaints are fatigue, for sure, and my appetite.  I got pretty frustrated yesterday because I thought by this time I'd be out jogging a bit and maybe riding my bike with a bit of Yoga or swimming thrown in.  Well, that ain't happening.  At least not yet.  I was a bit pissy yesterday, but then realized I was being pretty selfish and not very grateful for all the things I do have.  So, I feel better today and I am going to step back,  rest a bit longer and then maybe next week try and be a bit more active.
     I'm not sleeping as much as I was a few weeks ago, but I am laying around just as much.  I have played music a little bit more.  The band has a gig in June and I am pretty shaky, so I feel a little pressure not to sound too bad.  I guess I could just stand there and fake it.  The rest of the guys are really good musicians.. 
   Well, I'll be on my way.  More rest and more focus on Gratefulness.  Namaste

4 comments:

  1. Steve,

    How could you possibly think that you'd already be jogging or riding a bike? And hey I fell off my bike two weeks ago and I'm still plenty injured so hold off on the recycling until you are totally better. You've got some healing to do before your gig and before the September trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Steve! Cheering for you and certain you'll be back into yor active lifestyle when your body is ready. Be gentle with yourself you just fought cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad... rest is as good as activeness... they both have their moments. Find the appreciation in them when they come to you. Easy to say but hard to do... I fight with it most weeks. Love you and think about you ALLLLL the time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you are hanging in there Steve. Yes, I also think of you and send loving thoughts your way.
    If you need help with the band or anything else, give me a call. Love ya man, Peace, out.

    ReplyDelete